SfM: Structure from Motion¶
Structure from Motion computes an external camera pose per image (the motion) and a 3D point cloud (the structure) from:
- some intrinsic camera parameters,
- corresponding geometric valid features accross images.
openMVG SfM tools¶
- 2 Structure from Motion (SfM) pipeline:
- 1 Structure from known Motion (SfM) pipeline:
- Structure computation from known camera poses and features.
- tools to visualize:
- photometric/geometric matches correspondences,
- features tracks.
- tools to export to existing Multiple View Stereovision (MVS) pipeline:
- [PMVS], CMPMVS.
OpenMVG SfM pipelines¶
OpenMVG SfM pipelines run as a 4 step process:
5. Optional further processing¶
OpenMVG SfM pipelines demo¶
A complete ready to use tutorial demo is exported in your build directory. It clones an image dataset and run the SfM pipelines on it:
In order to use easily the Sequential or the Global pipeline, ready to used script are exported in your build directory:
To use them simply run:
$ cd openMVG_Build/software/SfM/ $ python SfM_SequentialPipeline.py [full path image directory] [resulting directory] $ python SfM_SequentialPipeline.py ~/home/user/data/ImageDataset_SceauxCastle/images ~/home/user/data/ImageDataset_SceauxCastle/Castle_Incremental_Reconstruction $ python SfM_GlobalPipeline.py [full path image directory] [resulting directory]
More details about openMVG tools¶
To know more about each tool visit the following link and read the doc below:
PS: We strongly advise to use a 3 directories based data organisation structure
- your image sequence.
- directory used to store image information, images features, descriptors and matches information.
- directory used to store the SfM result and process log.